Friday, June 17, 2011

D.C. Court of Appeals -- Express Notice that I was a Social Security Claimant

In 1996 I filed an appeal of D.C. Superior Court action Freedman v. D.C. Department of Human Rights in the D.C. Court of Appeals, no. 96-CV-961. In my Motion and Affidavit to Proceed on Appeal in forma pauperis I stated that I was a Social Security Disability claimant. The Motion was part of the record on appeal. The D.C. Court of Appeals and the D.C. Office of Corporation Counsel had express knowledge that I was a Social Security Claimant and that pleadings filed by the Corporation Counsel as well as the Court's disposition of the appeal impinged on a federal interest.  The D.C. Corporation Counsel knew that any misleading statements or omissions of material facts made in any documents it filed in the D.C. Court of Appeals would have the necessary effect of defrauding the U.S. Social Security Administration.
____________________________________

D.C. Court of Appeals


GARY FREEDMAN

Appellant

v.

DEPT. HUMAN RIGHTS

APPELLEE

No. 96-CV-961

MOTION AND AFFIDAVIT TO PROCEED ON APPEAL
IN FORMA PAUPERIS

I, Gary Freedman, being first duly sworn, depose and say that I am the appellant or petitioner in the above-entitled case and that I seek authorization to proceed on appeal without being required to prepay fees, costs or give security therefor.  In support of my motion, I state that because of my poverty I am unable to pay the costs of said proceeding or give security therefor.  I believe I am entitled to relief.  The issues that I want to present on appeal are the following: Appeal of Superior Court affirmance of prior finding of no probable cause issued by the D.C. Dept. of Human Rights of unlawful job termination complaint per D.C. Human Rights Act of 1977 (Freedman v. Akin, Gump, Hauer & Feld (Agency no. 92-087P(CN)).

I further swear that the responses which I give to the questions and instructions below relating to my ability to pay the costs of prosecuting the appeal are true.

1.  Are you presently employed?   Yes _____   No _X____

a.  If the answer is yes, state the amount of your salary or wages per month and give the name and address of your employer.

b.  If the answer is no, state the date of your last employment and the amount of the salary and wages per month which you received.  October 29, 1991  $2500/mo.

2.  Have you received within the past twelve months any income from a business, profession or other form of self-employment, or in the form of rent payments, interest, dividends, or other source?

Yes _X____      No _____

a.  If the answer is yes, describe each source of income, and state the amount received from each during the past twelve months.

Social Security Disability Income: $10,192
Credit Card Debt: $3000
Telephone: $22.00/mo
Rent: $659/mo.

3.  Do you own any cash or checking or savings accounts?
Yes _X____   No _____        XXXX National Bank Acct. No. xx-xxx-xxx

a.  If the answer is yes, state the total value of the items owned.

$10,000 (savings)

4.  Do you own any real estate, stocks, bonds, notes, automobiles, or other valuable property (excluding ordinary household furnishings and clothing)?

Yes _____  No _X____

a.  If the answer is yes, describe the property and state its approximate value.

5.  List the persons who are dependent upon you for support and state your relationship to those persons.

NONE

I understand that a false statement or answer to any of the questions in this affidavit will subject me to penalties for perjury.

Signature of Applicant:

/s/ Gary Freedman

Address:

3801 Connecticut Ave NW #136
Wash DC  20008-4530

Telephone Number:

(202) 362-7064 or (202) 363-3800

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO before me this 30 day of August 1996.

/s/ [illegible]
Notary Public or other Officer
authorized to administer oath

NOTE:  YOU MUST ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS.  FAILURE TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS COMPLETELY WILL RESULT IN THE DENIAL OF YOUR MOTION

[Stamp: Received Court of Appeals Aug 30 1996]

No comments: