Wednesday, June 22, 2011

George Washington University Medical Center -- Complaint Re: Psychotherapy

October 5, 1994
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008

Keith Gheezi, M.D.
Interim Medical Director
George Washington University
        Medical Center
901 23rd Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037

Dear Dr. Gheezi:

Thank you for responding to my letter to you dated September 6, 1994.

I believe the enclosed documentation should be brought to your attention.

1. Letter dated February 10, 1994 to the U.S. Social Security Administration regarding my psychiatric treatment by Dr. Suzanne M. Pitts, a psychiatry resident.

2. Handwritten notes dated August 26, 1993 prepared by Dr. Pitts in contemplation of telephone conference call with my sister.

3. Handwritten notes prepared by Dr. Pitts on August 26, 1993 stating that it is appropriate that I seek a second (!) initial assessment.

I am fully aware that all of this correspondence may be interpreted as symptomatic of a severe paranoid disorder. Indeed, my direct supervisor at my former place of employment, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, Mrs. Christine Robertson, has advised her employees that I may be armed and homicidal. Further, the Government of the District of Columbia has determined that I am paranoid, potentially violent, and unemployable. How odd, therefore, was Dr. Pitts' decision to prescribe anti-psychotic medication in late August 1993, fully 10 months after I began my psychiatric treatment with her in late October 1992, and her dogged insistence in February 1993 that I take lithium for (apparently nonexistent) manic-depression.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

cc: Federal Bureau of Investigation

No comments: