Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Attorney Application: Baker & McKenzie -- Eugene Theroux

In 1985 I submitted my resume to the law firm of Baker & McKenzie for an associate position.  Eugene Theroux is a prominent practitioner of international law.  Coincidentally, Akin Gump has a major international law practice.  Eugene Theroux is the brother of the well-known author Paul Theroux, whose books include Mosquito Coast.

In the 1990s I sent Eugene Theroux a copy of my book Significant Moments on a computer disc.  Yes, I am ever the opportunist.

Baker & McKenzie
Attorneys at Law

February 12, 1985

Mr. Gary Freedman
3801 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Apartment 136
Washington, D.C. 20008

Dear Mr. Freedman:

We have received your letter of February 7. Your resume is impressive, but I regret that we have already met our hiring needs for 1985.

Thank you for your interest in Baker & McKenzie.

Sincerely,

Eugene Theroux

ET:mb

No comments: