Thursday, June 30, 2011

Extended Unemployment Query -- 1992 -- Work Seeking Requirement

July 24, 1992
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC 20008

Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Employment Services
Office of Unemployment Compensation
500 C Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001-2187

Dear Sir:

I am currently receiving extended unemployment benefits. As a recipient of extended benefits I am required to conduct a job search for each week of benefits claimed, and am required to submit to the local employment office the names of the employers’ representatives with whom I spoke on the telephone on the "Report of Work Seeking Activities.”

On several occasions the employers’ representatives with whom I spoke advised me that the employer was accepting resumes for the position in which I expressed an interest, but the employer’s representative refused to give me her name.  She advised me to send the resume to “Director of Personnel.”

I would like to know how to complete the “Report of Work Seeking Activities” with regard to instances in which the employer’s representative refuses to divulge her name. Also, I would like to know whether I may instruct the employer's representative that she is required to provide me her name pursuant to the work seeking provisions of Title 46, Sec. 108 of the District of Columbia Code pertaining to extended unemployment benefits.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

My motive in writing this letter?

I think fundamentally I like to make a tzimmes out of everything. As Seinfeld would say: "I love carrots, but I hate carrot soup. I hate peas, but I love pea soup."