Sunday, September 19, 2010

Significant Moments: Living With The Dismissal in Silence

Discussing the board meeting at which he was fired, . . .
Amanda Vaill, Seduction on Trial.
. . . Masson said . . .
Albert Camus, The Stranger.
. . . that Eissler pressured him not to retaliate and "poison Anna Freud's last days," but instead to "live with . . .
Amanda Vaill, Seduction on Trial.
. . . the dismissal . . .
Albert Camus, The Stranger.

. . . in silence . . . because it is the honorable thing to do."
Amanda Vaill, Seduction on Trial.

Otherwise . . .
Albert Camus, The Stranger.

. . . said Eissler . . .
J. Moussaieff Masson, Final Analysis: The Making and Unmaking of a Psychoanalyst.

. . . there would be no end to litigation.
Albert Camus, The Stranger.

At which Masson, according to . . .
Amanda Vaill, Seduction on Trial.

. . . the press . . .
Albert Camus, The Stranger.

. . . commented, "Well, he had the wrong man."
Amanda Vaill, Seduction on Trial.

What arrogance!
Irvin D. Yalom, Love's Executioner.

____________________________________________

I was fired from my job as a paralegal at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Struass, Hauer & Feld on October 29, 1991.  The day after I was fired, I spoke by telephone to the attorney who terminated me, Dennis M. Race.  He cautioned me not to embarrass the firm.  -- Well, he had the wrong man.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

As with other sections of my book, this passage is overlaid with metaphor. Here, the metaphor is Albert Camus' novel The Stranger.