Thursday, September 23, 2010

Justice Department Humor

On Friday January 15, 2010 two officers from the Justice Department interviewed me at my home about a law enforcement matter.  At the commencement of the interview I told them that my Social Security Disability claim was a total fraud.  (That's a slight exaggeration.  I do suffer from asymptomatic paranoid schizophrenia.)  I asked the officers to refer the matter to the FBI for investigation.  One of the officers said that the type of fraud I was alleging was probably too difficult for the FBI to investigate.

Later in the interview one of the officers asked me if I could do volunteer work.

Here's a rough approximation of the interview:

FREEDMAN: You need to make a criminal referral to the FBI about this matter.

DOJ:  The type of fraud you are alleging is probably too difficult for the FBI to investigate.  Have you thought of doing volunteer work?

FREEDMAN:  Volunteer work is probably too difficult to find in this economy.

Well, that's what I should have said.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

Volunteer work only cheats the IRS out of tax revenues. I'm doing my part not to cheat the IRS.

That's Sheldon Cohen humor!