Thursday, September 30, 2010

GW Initial Assessment: Peculiarity

I underwent a two-part psychiatric assessment at the George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, conducted by a third-year resident named Napoleon Cuenco, M.D.  The interviews were held on September 8 and September 15, 1992.

At the first interview on September 8, 1992, a GW staff psychiatrist was present in addition to Dr. Cuenco.  He just sat and listened.  Who was that psychiatrist and why was he present during an initial assessment?  Was it GW protocol to have a staff psychiatrist present during an initial assessment conducted by a psychiatry resident?

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Dr. Cuenco diagnosed me with bipolar disorder (manic depression).

Presumably, the symptoms of bipolar disorder were apparent to a staff psychiatrist with many years experience -- which is a little odd since I do not have nor have I ever had bipolar disorder!

My Daily Struggles said...

All I remember about the unidentified psychiatrist is that he had a beard.