Friday, September 24, 2010

An Ever So Tenuous Connection to the Chief Justice

The Chief Justice of the United States, John G. Roberts, Jr., practiced law at Hogan & Hartson beginning in 1986. I worked as a paralegal in the Computer Applications Department at Hogan from September 1985 to February 1988.

In 1986 I worked on an agency matter concerning the client Mercedes-Benz. The billing attorney was Patrick Raher. I worked closely with Catherine James Lacroix, an associate.

Catherine James Lacroix and Patrick Raher worked on the following case with John Roberts. GWALTNEY v. CHESAPEAKE BAY FOUNDATION, 484 U.S. 49 (1987). Argued October 5, 1987. Decided December 1, 1987.

E. Barrett Prettyman, Jr., argued the cause for petitioner. With him on the briefs were Richard J. M. Poulson, Patrick M. Raher, Catherine James LaCroix, and John G. Roberts, Jr.

 I did not work on this matter and had no contact at all with John Roberts during my employment at Hogan.

No comments: