Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D. -- a GW Nexus

I worked as a paralegal at the D.C. law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld from 1988 to 1991.  I was terminated on October 29, 1991, reportedly after Akin Gump's managers reviewed a complaint of harassment I had lodged against my supervisor and others at the firm with Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D.  According to Akin Gump, Dr. Ticho advised the firm that my harassment complaint was the result of a psychiatric symptom, "ideas of reference," which caused me to attach a negative meaning to trivial events and which might dispose me to commit an act of violence.

Dr. Ticho was a psychiatrist/psychoanalyst in private practice.  She served as a clinical professor of psychiatry at The George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry.  Reportedly, she was a personal friend of Akin Gump manager, Malcolm Lassman.  Her husband, Ernst Ticho, Ph.D. was the mentor of Otto Kernberg, M.D., past president of the International Psychoanalytic Association and a world-renowned psychiatrist and psychoanalytical theoretician.

Dr. Ticho died in the year 2004.

Akin Gump admits that it spoke with Dr. Ticho about me in 1991.  According to the District of Columbia Office of Attorney General I formed a genuine, good-faith belief in 1990 that Akin Gump conferred routinely with Stanley R. Palombo, M.D., in violation of the D.C. Mental Health Information Act.  Dr. Palombo, like Dr. Ticho, was a clinical professor of psychiatry at GW.

No comments: