Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Letter to U.S. Secret Service: 2/21/96

February 21, 1996
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Philip C. Leadroot
Special Agent
U.S. Secret Service
Washington Field Office

Dear Mr. Leadroot:

As you know one of my paranoid beliefs is that Akin Gump had an informal agreement with the former manager of my apartment building, Elayne Wranik, whereby Elayne Wranik, without my consent, entered my apartment every morning, inspected the contents of the apartment, and reported her findings back to someone at Akin Gump.

I believe that this activity was ongoing during the period of at least late March 1989 until early February 1992.

I used to leave documents on table in my apartment for Elayne Wranik, based on my paranoid belief that she was engaging in the above-described activity. I believed that I was making use of her as a carrier-pigeon in order to allow me to communicate with Akin Gump management.

I enclose the original version of one such document (which is inside a protective envelope). A xerox copy is also attached for your review. This particular document is from early September 1991. A forensic analysis of the original document (in the protective envelope) should disclose only my fingerprints or forensic evidence. A forensic analysis should disclose no evidence pertaining to apartment manager Elayne Wranik, or then assistant manager Mal Eno (who, I believe, also entered my apartment on occasion). To the best of my knowledge, only I handled the document.

You will note that the document refers to a “strategy” involving some type of computer training; the document records my paranoid ideas of reference in connection with a conversation I had had with legal assistant David Berkowitz. (I intentionally used to make the notes seem really crazy.  I felt that if the notes were being communicated back to Akin Gump, the crazier the note, the more likely I would get a discernible reaction).

Oddly, only days later, on September11, 1991, my supervisor, Christine Robertson, held a special meeting that she called a “Hoechst Strategy Meeting.” I had the paranoid belief at the time that the supervisor's Hoechst Strategy Meeting was called on September 11, 1991 as retaliation for the enclosed note that I had left in my apartment.

I have enclosed a computer disc that contains a document that discusses the Hoechst Strategy Meeting held on September 11, 1991. The document was prepared for review by my psychiatrist in April 1993.

If Elayne Wranik did in fact inspect my apartment daily, what did she see?

Did she ever see any dangerous or deadly weapons? The Secret Service has a right to know.

Did any of my notes or other documents contain threats on any Secret Service protectees? The Secret Service has a right to know.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: