Friday, March 02, 2012

GW Psychiatric Treatment: Did the Medical School Dean Talk to Anybody?

February 29, 1996
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Dean – School of Medicine
George Washington University
     Medical School
2150 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20037

Dear Dr. Keimowitz:

I am currently undergoing outpatient psychotherapy with Dimitrios Georgopoulos, M.D., chief psychiatry resident in the GW Department of Psychiatry.

I have been diagnosed as suffering from paranoid schizophrenia, a severe mental disorder. I have been unemployed since late October 1991, at which time my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld (Akin Gump), determined that I suffered from a severe paranoid mental disturbance that rendered me potentially violent, an imminent threat to persons in my environment, and not suitable for employment. My former direct supervisor at Akin Gump, Mrs. Christine Robertson, determined that I might have been armed and homicidal at the time of my job termination.

I have been under investigation by the U.S. Secret Service as a potential threat to President and Mrs Clinton. You may contact the investigating Special Agent, Philip C. Leadroot, at (202) 435-6883.

I believe that my current therapeutic relationship with Dr. Georgopoulos is not at all effective. I have requested that I be transferred at the earliest possible time to another therapist with whom I might develop a beneficial psychotherapeutic relationship. If you could in any way facilitate such a transfer, I believe that it would be quite useful. I believe that for some time now in my relationship with Dr. Georgopoulos that there has been a conflict between the pedagogic policies the psychiatry department which forbid transfer, and my therapeutic needs.

I have enclosed a body of letters pertinent to my illness, including documents relating to my belief, termed psychotic by Dr. Georgopoulos, that I was subjected to unlawful harassment at the law firm of Akin Gump. The letters are contained in the enclosed computer disc.

I also include for your information a tape recording of a telephone conversation with a former co-worker at Akin Gump, which will allow you to assess for yourself the severely disturbed nature of my interpersonal relatedness, specifically, my utter inability to develop any kind of interpersonal rapport, so evident in my conversation with the former co-worker.

I have forwarded a body of documents relating to my therapy with Dr. Georgopoulos to Mr. Harold F. Baker, Esq., a member of the Board of Trustees of the George Washington University.

You may contact Mr. Baker at (202) 383-7039. Mr. Baker is associated with the law firm of Howery & Simon in the capacity Of Counsel, 1299 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC.

Mind you, according to the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, I might commit a heinous act of violence, including homicide, at any time.

You may obtain additional information concerning Akin Gump's disability determination, from Mr. Dennis M. Race, Esq., an attorney at Akin Gump: (202) 887-4028.

Dr. Georgopoulos advised me at our consultation on February 28, 1996 that he has no objection to my communicating with you.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: