Thursday, March 22, 2012

GW Psychiatric Treatment: Letter to University Trustee 5/22/95

May 22, 1995
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008-4530

Harold F. Baker, Esq.
Partner, Howrey & Simon
Trustee, George Washington University
1299 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington DC  20004

Dear Mr. Baker:

I am forwarding the enclosed documentation for your general information both in your capacity as trustee of the George Washington University--and therefore as a co-fiduciary of Mr. Robert S. Strauss--and as a partner of the law firm of Howrey & Simon.

Attorney managers of my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, have filed sworn statements with the District of Columbia Department of Human Rights that my belief that I was a victim of job discrimination and harassment while I was employed at the firm, during the period June 13, 1988 to October 29, 1991, was the product of a severe (paranoid) mental disturbance that renders me potentially violent, an imminent threat to persons in my environment, and unemployable.  Further, my former direct supervisor at Akin Gump determined, at the time of my job termination on October 29, 1991, that I might have been armed and homicidal.

I am currently undergoing psychotherapy at the George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry.  The enclosed letter (and attachments) to Jerry M. Wiener, M.D. chairman of the Medical Center's Psychiatry Department, is self-explanatory.

On a related issue, I want to inform you that during an approximate four-week period in about August 1985, I was employed (as an employee of the temporary agency Personnel Pool) at the law firm of Howrey & Simon in the capacity of an agency-supplied legal assistant.  If Howrey & Simon has any information that I engaged in any violent conduct or that I brought firearms or weapons of any kind onto the premises of Howrey & Simon, I request that you so advise the Office of U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia in connection with the enclosed declaration, dated April 24, 1995.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: