Wednesday, March 28, 2012

GW Psychiatric Treatment: Letter to University Trustee 6/29/95

June 29, 1995
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008-4530

Harold F. Baker, Esq.
Of Counsel, Howrey & Simon
Trustee, George Washington University
1299 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC  20004

Dear Mr. Baker:

Further to my letter to you dated May 22, 1995, I offer the following observations that may be of interest to you both in your capacity as Counsel to the law firm of Howrey & Simon and trustee of the George Washington University.

So bizarre is the world created by the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, the Government of the District of Columbia, and the George Washington University Medical Center that were the Office of U.S. Attorney to prosecute me for a crime of violence, consistent with the determinations of the aforementioned parties, an attorney acting on my behalf might realistically enter an insanity plea that might be proven with the following facts:

The enclosed letter dated July 25, 1992 from Howrey & Simon Legal Assistant Administrator Laurie Jones Burk establishes that I had the belief that I was employable as of July 1992, ad therefore tends to prove that I lacked the mental capacity to appreciate the fact that I suffered from a severe mental disturbance that rendered me unemployable and a serious threat to persons in my environment.

But, you may ask, how can this be?  How could an attorney use evidence of my mental competence to prove mental incompetence?  Keep in mind that comprehensive psychological testing performed by the George Washington University Medical Center failed to establish that I suffer from any mental disorder.  Yet my medical records expressly state that the actual failure to establish a diagnosis is evidence that I lied on the testing: I exhibit a tendency to engage in psychotic denial and mendacity.  My attorney would certainly subpoena my current treating psychiatrist at GW, Dr. Georgopoulos, to testify that I lack the mental capacity to appreciate the fact that I am paranoid and, in his phrase "incapacitated."  Also, a written statement prepared by Jerry M. Wiener, President of the American Psychiatric Association and Chairman of the George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, expressly characterizes my concerns about the above-referenced test report as a "regrettable preoccupation," thereby suggesting that my belief that I am not incapacitated is itself evidence of mental illness.

Even more remarkable, were I to commit a crime of violence directed at the President of the United States, my attorney might subpoena Vernon Jordan, an Akin Gump partner and close friend of President Clinton, to testify as to the reputation for truth and veracity of my former direct supervisor, Christine Robertson; Akin Gump managing partner, Laurence J. Hoffman; and/or Akin Gump partner Dennis M. Race--three individuals whose prior written statements attest to my lack of mental competence.

Of course, this remarkable trio comprises one court-adjudicated racist and two attorneys who may have offered perjured testimony in a prior Title VII proceedings.

Such is the world according to Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, the Government of the District of Columbia, and the George Washington University Medical Center.

In all seriousness, it is clear from the foregoing discussion that false or intentionally misleading statements relating to my mental capacity have the potential of constituting elements of the crime of obstruction of justice, and might therefore subject their makers to felony prosecution.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

N.B.: The foregoing statement is offered solely to illustrate hypothetical legal implications of facts purported to be true by the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld; the Government of the District of Columbia; and the George Washington University Medical Center and is not intended to communicate my intent to commit any act.  This letter incorporates by reference the Statement to the Office of U.S. Attorney, dated April 24, 1995, disavowing an intent to commit a crime of violence and reaffirms the veracity of all statements contained therein.

No comments: