Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Condolence Letter -- Franklin Institute Coworker

During the period June 1975 to June 1979 I was employed at The Franklin Institute Research Laboratories in Philadelphia.  The following is a condolence letter a coworker, Gwen Lysaught, sent me following the death of my mother in early January 1980.  I lived in Spokane, Washington at the time, attending my first year of law school.  Gwen Lysaught passed away in the year 2006 at age 83.

January 15

Dear Gary,

I want to tell you how sorry I am about your loss.  Your mother made the Institute seem less forbidding to me ten years ago, and now there are so few people left who are as pleasant and sympathetic as she.

My favorite cousin (and substitute brother) died just a week ago, so I hope you'll understand why I didn't attend Sophie's services today.  My thoughts were with you.

Sincerely,

Gwen

No comments: