Monday, January 09, 2012

Akin Gump Surveillance: Apartment Manager

While I worked at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld I used to leave notes in a prominent place in my apartment based on my paranoid belief that the manager of my building, Elaine Wranik, inspected my apartment surreptitiously every day and reported to Akin Gump what she saw.

Here is one brief note I left for Elaine Wranik during the summer of 1991.  The first observation refers to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall announcing his retirement from the Court in 1991.  The second note refers to my former supervisor at Hogan & Hartson, Miriam Chilton's hobby of rock climbing.
___________________________


"Will the last liberal to leave the Court, please turn off the 'Rights'."
___________________________


Miriam Chilton engages in a life of petty climb.

No comments: