Wednesday, October 27, 2010

email Message to Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT): Chairman, Senate Judiciary Committee

Chairman Leahy:

Under normal circumstances the act of defrauding the federal government of a half million dollars would be a serious matter. It seems that in Attorney General Holder's Justice Department, if the fraud involves a close friend, namely Vernon Jordan, it is not even considered a crime.

On Friday January 15, 2010 I was interviewed by Deputy U.S. Marshal xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx, U.S. District Court, 3rd & Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001, telephone: 202 xxx xxxx. The interview, which was tape-recorded, concerned a law enforcement matter.

At the commencement of the interview I stated that my U.S. Social Security disability claim was a "total fraud." My claim, no. xxx xx xxxx, was approved effective October 29, 1991. If I remain disabled till retirement age, I will have collected about $500,000 in disability benefits, medicare, and medicaid. In effect, I admitted to two federal officers that I am engaged in the commission of a felony against the government of the United States.

I requested that the Marshal refer the matter for investigation to the FBI. The Marshal declined. The other Deputy U.S. Marshal added: "The type of fraud you are alleging is probably of a nature that is too difficult for the FBI to investigate." I have never heard of a situation in which the FBI declines to investigate a felony on the grounds it is "too difficult to investigate." The statements of both Deputy Marshals are preserved on the tape of the interview. It may be that the refusal of the U.S. Marshal to take any action may constitute the misprision of a felony, which itself may constitute a felony by the U.S. Marshal.

There is a possibility that Attorney General Holder or Justice Department Criminal Division Chief Lanny Beuer have committed an obstruction of justice in thwarting an investigation of my case which involves the law partners of Vernon Jordan, a friend of Mr. Holder's.

I believe there are legal issues raised by the USMS response to my statement. It may be that the U.S. Department of Justice, by and through the U.S. Marshal Service and its employees, has waived prosecution of any felonies I may have committed against the United States. If the actions of the USMS constitute a waiver, I request that the Justice Department issue to me a formal notice that it is waiving prosecution for any crimes I may have committed in defrauding the federal government. I was unaware that the USMS has the jurisdiction to waive the prosecution of a felony committed against the United States.

I have brought my concerns to the attention of the FBI Washington Field Office via email. The FBI has shown no interest in investigating this matter. 

I have been diagnosed with severe (psychotic) mental illness.  My allegations and admissions of crimes may be symptomatic of severe mental illness. My treating psychiatrist is Jitendra Annapareddy, M.D.  I see him once per week. His telephone number is 202 407 2153. He is a third year psychiatry resident affiliated with St. Elizabeths Hospital. Dr. Annapareddy's supervisor is Earle Baughman, M.D., St. Elizabeths Hospital.

I maintain a blog on the Internet titled My Daily Struggles. I draw your specific attention to the following posts that contain information that may be of interest to you:

Penalties for Defrauding the U.S. Social Security Administration:

Did Akin Gump Defraud the U.S. Social Security Administration?

Is Attorney General Holder Concealing Knowledge of a Felony?

U.S. Marshal Service: Incompetence or Corruption?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Gary Freedman
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC 20008
202 362 7064
______________________

To the Inspector General of the United States:

I believe it is an outrage (and possibly an obstruction of Justice) that the U.S. Marshal more or less told me in January that I should not be angry about this matter and questioned why I have been blogging about this. Who wouldn't be angry?

Gary Freedman
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apt. 136
Washington, DC 20008
202 362 7064

cc: The Honorable Mary Cheh, D.C. Council (Ward 3)

No comments: