Monday, October 11, 2010

Crime Victimization: Following the FBI's Recommendations

The FBI recommends that crime victims take special steps to cope with crime victimization.  One of the recommendations is that the victim keep a journal.  In writing my blog, My Daily Struggles, I am following the recommendation of the FBI that I write about my feelings about my victimization.

The FBI also recommends that the crime victim talk to people: friends, family, etc.  Well, I have no one to talk to.  And everyone I do talk to says I am paranoid.  My lack of an interpersonal outlet for my feelings has necessarily prolonged my emotional distress.  It is to be expected that I am unable to resolve my feelings about what has happened to me.  I have struggled alone for years with my feelings and I may be forced to continue to do so.

No comments: