Monday, February 15, 2010

That Just Sounds So Fabricated: What Should Raise Red Flags for Law Enforcement?

1. The D.C. Corporation Counsel affirmed to the D.C. Superior Court (1996) and the D.C. Court of Appeals (1997) that my coworkers at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss & Feld feared that I might be armed and extremely dangerous in 1989. These fears, according to the D.C. Corporation Counsel, were widespread, genuine, and credible.

--Earl Segal, Esq. the partner in charge of the legal assistant program, did not call the police in the summer of 1989.

--Earl Segal did not telephone my sister, despite the fact that her telephone number was on file in the firm's Personnel Department.

2. In late October 1991 my direct supervisor Chris Robertson feared that I might return to the firm after I was fired and murder her. Chris Robertson had the lock to her office suite changed as a precautionary measure against a feared homicidal assault.

--Chris Robertson did not call the police in October 1991

--Chris Robertson's supervisor, L. Bruce McLean, Esq., did not call the police

--No one at the firm telephoned my sister

3. In late October 1991 Dennis M. Race, Esq. determined, in consultation with a psychiatrist, that I might be violent.

--Dennis Race did not telephone my sister in October 1991

4. Dennis Race deliberately and incontrovertibly lied when he submitted a sworn statement with the D.C. Department of Human Rights, dated May 22, 1991, alleging that I did not complain about job harassment based on sexual orientation at a meeting with him on October 24, 1991. That lie raises a substantial question about Dennis Race's and Akin Gump's truth and veracity generally.

5. Dennis Race advised me on October 30, 1991 that he was concerned with my making any statements that might embarrass the firm. To what degree does a concern about embarrassment figure in Dennis Race's and Akin Gump's actions and statements generally?

6. There is persuasive circumstantial evidence that Dennis Race lied in his sworn interrogatory response, filed with the D.C. Department of Human Rights, when he alleged that he consulted the psychiatrist Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D. There is no contemporaneous evidence that identifies Gertrude Ticho specifically; moreover, Dr. Ticho expressly denied ever speaking with Dennis Race in a letter written on her letterhead dated July 1993. This possible lie raises a question about Dennis Race's and Akin Gump's truth and veracity generally.

7. There is persuasive circumstantial evidence that Dennis Race lied in his sworn interrogatory response, filed with the D.C. Department of Human Rights, when he alleged that he consulted Sheppard Pratt Employee Services about my job termination in October 1991. Sheppard Pratt has no record of any contacts with Akin Gump about me; the organization's business protocol dictates that it keep a record of any such communication. Further, a Sheppard Pratt employee (Alana Baptiste) stated to me in July 1993, when I told her that Akin Gump claimed to have spoken to someone at Sheppard Pratt: "That just sounds so fabricated." Alana Baptiste, Esq. is now a practicing attorney. This possible lie raises a question about Dennis Race's and Akin Gump's truth and veracity generally.

The D.C. Corporation Counsel in 1996 was Charles F.C. Ruff, Esq., a longtime Covington & Burling partner. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr., Esq. was a Covington & Burling partner before assuming his current position. Lanny Breuer, Esq., former Clinton White House Counsel and Covington & Burling partner, now heads up the Criminal Division of the Justice Department.

Charles Ruff was Chief White House Counsel in the Clinton Administration. Akin Gump senior management partner, Vernon E. Jordan, Jr., is a close personal friend of President Clinton's.

On January 15 2010 the Justice Department sent out two law enforcement officers to my home, apparently to intimidate me to stop writing blog posts about the spouse of a current Covington & Burling partner. I have been duly intimidated!

Do you have to be paranoid to think that this is a strange tale?

3 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

My sister's home telephone number while I worked at Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld (and until about some time in 1996) was 609 727 3295. Her address was 339 East Main Street, Moorestown, New Jersey.

My brother-in-law, Edward A. Jacobson, owned a business, Meredith Financial Services, during the same time period. The fax number of his business was 609 235 5569.

While I worked at Akin Gump, the partner in charge of the Legal Assistant Program was Earl L. Segal, Esq. His home address as of October 25, 1991 was 10722 Goldwood Court, Potomac, MD 20854. His birth date was June 7, 1947. His home telephone number was 301 469 0455. His office telephone number was 202 887 4160. His wife's name was Susan.

While I worked at Akin Gump, the partner to whom Earl Segal reported was Malcolm Lassman, a member of the firm's management committee. His home address as of October 25, 1991 was 2883 Audubon Terrace, NW, Washington, DC 20008. His home telephone number was 202 244 2408. His office telephone number was 202 887 4020. His wife's name was Vivienne. His birthday was June 9.

My Daily Struggles said...

Information in the above comment is drawn from a document prepared by Akin Gump that was not designated confidential by the firm.

My Daily Struggles said...

"On January 15 2010 the Justice Department sent out two law enforcement officers to my home, apparently to intimidate me to stop writing blog posts about the spouse of a current Covington & Burling partner."

I realize how crazy this sounds, but as I've said in the past -- they're paying me to be crazy; they're not paying me to be sane.