Monday, February 22, 2010

Reflections on Parsifal

"Nothing in the world has made such an impression on me, it moves the very strings of my heart."

--Jean Sibelius

"When I came out of the Festspielhaus, unable to speak a word, I knew that I had experienced supreme greatness and supreme suffering, and that this experience, hallowed and unsullied, would stay with me for the rest of my life."

--Gustav Mahler

“Parsifal -- the kind of opera that starts at six o'clock and after it has been going three hours, you look at your watch and it says 6:20.”

--David Randolph



http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2009/11/significant-moments-how-was-i.html

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

I first heard this music in the summer of 1966, when I was 12 years old. I thought it was stunning. The music has never lost its grip on my imagination. It's like Strauss! Even after all these years!