Friday, February 05, 2010

A Law Enforcement Irony: The Limits of My Anger

There are limits to my anger. There are limits to the anger that anyone has who got to retire at age 37 as I did. I live a life of leisure: working out, going to the library, surfing the internet, listening to music, writing a book, people watching, watching TV, counting my racketeering money. People who get to retire at age 37, I would venture to say, are not particularly angry. In fact, I would say that I get to laugh all the way to the bank, except that I have direct deposit.

The irony is that the people who think I'm angry, such as law enforcement, are the wage slaves who have to go to work every day. They are the ones who have to face getting up early every morning, answer to a demanding supervisor, and interact with obnoxious coworkers. I gave up that life years ago.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

God, I love racketeering!