Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Did Bruce McLean Not Know And Why Didn't He Know It?

I used to work as a paralegal at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. I was terminated in late October 1991.

A coworker later told me that my supervisor, Chris Robertson, was afraid I might have plans to murder her.

The coworker said that my supervisor called a staff meeting after I left the firm and told her employees: "'You all know that Gary is gone. And they're coming to change the locks, because we're afraid Gary may come back and he may try to kill me.' I never pictured you to be a person who would do something like that."

Apparently, Chris Robertson had arranged with Stella Edmondson to have the locks to the office suite changed. Sounds serious doesn't it? If I thought that a homicidal former employee planned to murder me, I'd be afraid. I would certainly share my fears with senior management.

Chris Robertson's supervisor at that time was R. Bruce McLean, Esq., a firm partner. Did Bruce McLean know about employees' fears that I was homicidal? Did he know about the seeming need to secure Chris Robertson's office suite against a homicidal assault?

If Bruce McLean didn't know I was feared to be homicidal, why did he not know that?

R. Bruce McLean, Esq. now serves as Akin Gump's managing partner. When I worked at the firm, Bruce McLean headed up the Litigation Practice Group, which included the litigator Dennis M. Race, Esq., the attorney who fired me, and who had determined -- in consultation with a nationally-prominent psychiatrist (Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D.)! -- that I was paranoid and potentially violent.

Why didn't Bruce McLean call the police? Was he concerned about embarrassing the firm?

3 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Can you believe that federal law enforcement doesn't see through all this crap?

I really believe the Justice Department is afraid of powerful law firms.

My Daily Struggles said...

R. Bruce McLean is the chairman of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP. Under Mr. McLean's leadership, the firm has grown to rank among the largest law firms in the United States.

Prior to becoming chairman of the firm, Mr. McLean spent more than 20 years litigating complex business cases in federal court, particularly those involving federal regulatory programs, energy issues, natural resources law and antitrust matters. From 1971 to 1973, prior to entering private practice, he was a lawyer with the Appellate Court Branch of the National Labor Relations Board. While at the Board, Mr. McLean argued more than 30 cases in the federal circuit courts and had primary responsibility for several landmark cases involving the availability of injunctive relief from government action.

My Daily Struggles said...

A senior Akin Gump attorney manager Dennis M. Race admitted to me on the morning of October 30, 1991 that he had concerns that I might embarrass the firm:

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/01/embarrassment.html