Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Did Earl Segal Not Know And Why Didn't He Know It?

I used to work as a paralegal at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. I was terminated in late October 1991.

In early August 1989 a coworker said to me: "We're all afraid of you. We're all afraid you're going to buy a gun, bring it in, and shoot everybody. Even the manager of your apartment building is afraid of you."

In 1996 the D.C. Corporation Counsel under Charles F.C. Ruff, Esq. affirmed to the D.C. Superior Court that my coworkers' fears that I might have been armed and extremely dangerous were genuine and credible.

My supervisor at that time was Maggie Sinnott, the firm's legal assistant administrator. Maggie Sinnott reported to Earl L. Segal, Esq., a firm partner. Earl Segal reported to Malcolm Lassman, Esq., a member of the firm's management committee.

So, what we're supposed to believe is that there were widespread fears -- genuine and credible fears -- that I might have beeen armed and extremely dangerous in 1989, but word of those fears never reached Earl Segal and Malcolm Lassman?

Why didn't Earl Segal or Malcolm Lassman call the police? Were they afraid of embarrassing the firm?

The late Charles Ruff was a long-time Covington & Burling partner, and served as Chief White House Counsel to former President Bill Clinton. Coincidentally, Akin Gump management partner Vernon E. Jordan, Jr. is a close, personal friend of President Clinton's.

3 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Am I the only person who thinks this is a very strange story -- one of many strange stories? Paranoid schizophrenia that has no symptoms. Nonexistent bipolar disorder. A "near perfect" employee who is fired suddenly for no good reason. And on and on.

My Daily Struggles said...

Charles Fredrick Carson Ruff's mother was the publicist Margaret Carson:

Margaret Carson (July 11, 1911 — October 11, 2007) was an American publicist who was highly influential within the classical music world. She was a publicist for many important artists during her lengthy career, most notably working closely for several decades with Leonard Bernstein. She also notably served as the Metropolitan Opera's press director during the tenure of Edward Johnson and into the early portion of Rudolf Bing's career at the Met. The New York Times stated that, Carson was "widely regarded as the leading lady of classical music publicists in New York, who guided a generation of singers through the Metropolitan Opera and shepherded the career of Leonard Bernstein."

My Daily Struggles said...

So we're supposed to believe that I was feared to be armed and extremely dangerous in August 1989, but I wasn't fired till October 1991 -- and then the firm didn't even cite these fears as a reason to fire me!

Law enforcement thinks I'm angry when I write this stuff? No way, man. I'm laughing my fucking head off.

This stuff is hilarious! And to top it off, the federal government is paying me because they actually buy Akin Gump's crappola.

God, I love racketeering!