Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Federal Civil Rights Violation: The Single-Mindedness of a Crank

You can see that in the last sixteen years -- even before I filed a lawsuit in D.C. Superior Court in 1995 -- I have had one aim only: to prove that my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, committed a federal civil rights violation in filing false and defamatory sworn statements about me with a District of Columbia agency. Apparently, this has some great importance for me psychologically. It would take a good psychoanalyst to figure out my state of mind.
_____________________

January 5, 1994
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apt. 136
Washington, DC 20008

Mr. James P. Turner
Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights
Civil Rights Division
U.S. Department of Justice
10th & Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC

Dear Mr. Turner:

This letter is intended to communicate my serious concerns regarding the action of my former employer, a private entity, in using the legal processes of a state agency to defame me and to inflict severe emotional distress in violation of my civil rights under 42 U.S.C. sec. 1983.

The violation of my civil rights under 42 U.S.C. sec. 1983 has occurred in the context of the following facts and circumstances:

[yada, yada, yada]

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

cc: Office of U.S. Attorney [DC, Mr. Eric H. Holder, Esq.]
Federal Bureau of Investigation/Washington Field Office
U.S. Social Security Administration
Charles L. Reischel/D.C. Deputy Corporation Counsel

__________________________________________

June 24, 2009
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC 20008
(202) xxx xxxx

John L. Wodatch
Chief Disability Rights Section – NYA
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20530

RE: Federal Civil Rights Violation – Disability Discrimination

Dear Mr. Wodatch:

I am a disabled American. I am writing to request that your office review and refer for appropriate action the federal civil rights violation described in the attached letter addressed to former District of Columbia Chief of Police, Charles Ramsey.

I am a victim of a federal civil rights violation, based on my status as a disabled American. I am unable to apply for employment because of intimidation by the Metropolitan Police of the District of Columbia (MPDC). I risk arrest or commitment to a mental hospital if I file an employment application with a prospective employer and invoke my rights as a disabled American.

The Social Security Administration determined that I became disabled and not suitable for employment effective October 29, 1991 (the date of my job termination), in part, based on evidence that I evoke fears that I am potentially violent and homicidal. There is substantial evidence that that evidence is unreliable. My Social Security number is xxx-xx-xxxx.

The right to seek employment is a fundamental liberty interest guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States; the denial of, or interference with, that right constitutes a federal civil rights violation. See Doe v. Bredesen, U.S. Dist. Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, at Nashville: "Right to Seek Employment . . . While no Supreme Court decision has expressly found the right to work, or at least the right to pursue employment, to be a fundamental right, it can hardly be concluded otherwise."

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: