Friday, February 26, 2010

I Prefer To Think I'm Paranoid

A hostile work environment is a cumulative phenomenon, composed of "a series of separate acts that collectively constitute one 'unlawful employment practice.'" Nat'l R.R. Passenger Corp. v. Morgan, 536 U.S. 101, 117 (2002). While a single harassing act might not be actionable standing alone, it can be actionable as a constituent element of a larger hostile environment claim. Id. at 115.

Was I the victim of a hostile work environment at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld? I prefer to think I'm paranoid. I prefer to think I suffer from "ideas of reference," and that my belief that I was the victim of a hostile work environment at my former place of employment is a figment of my disturbed mind. There's money in that point of view.

No comments: