Wednesday, September 18, 2013

On Getting the Attention of Donna Shalala

Thomas J. LeBlanc
Executive Vice President and Provost
University of Miami
Miami, FL
Dr. LeBlanc:

The following is an email I forwarded to Dean White of the University of Miami Law School.  It appears that I am currently engaged in Social Security fraud.  As such, President Shalala, former Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, might have a special interest in this matter.

Gary Freedman, Esq.
Washington, DC




-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Freedman <garfreed@aim.com>
To: pwhite <pwhite@law.miami.edu>
Sent: Tue, Sep 17, 2013 3:30 pm
Subject: misconduct by adjunct faculty member

Dean White:

This will respectfully advise your office that I have sent the following letter (via USPS) to the Washington, DC office of Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart, 25th Congressional District of Florida.  Also, I received the following email communication from the Office of Florida Attorney General:

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2013/09/mark-eiglarsh-esq-florida-attorney_16.html

Gary Freedman, Esq.
Washington, DC
_________________________

September 17, 2013

3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apt. 136
Washington, DC  20008

To the Honorable Mario Diaz-Balart
25th Congressional District of Florida
436 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

RE: Failure of Florida-Licensed Attorney to Report a Federal Crime (Felony)

Dear Congressman Diaz-Balart:

I am writing to you concerning the conduct of Mark Eiglarsh, Esq., an adjunct professor of law at the University of Miami School of Law.

I have sent numerous email messages to Mark Eiglarsh, Esq., a Florida-licensed attorney, detailing evidence that I am currently engaged in the commission of a felony in violation of 42 USC 1011, a crime against the U.S. Government.  I advised Mr. Eiglarsh that I have been engaged in a long-term scheme to defraud the U.S. Government of about a half-million dollars in federal funds.  Instead of making a criminal referral to federal law enforcement (apparently), Mr. Eiglarsh has requested that I stop sending him email messages.  Is Mr. Eiglarsh's apparent inaction in the face of a felony admission appropriate conduct for an attorney, an officer of the court?

At the very least Mr. Eiglarsh's behavior appears to violate Rule 4-8.3 Reporting Professional Misconduct of the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct.  I am a Pennsylvania-licensed attorney (license no. 41032) and arguably Mr. Eiglarsh had a duty to advise a licensing authority of my acts, which I described as a “felony.”  Keep in mind that under Rule 4-8.3 it is the seriousness of the alleged wrongdoing that invokes the reporting requirement on a Florida attorney; the attorney’s knowledge of the actual quantum of evidence that proves my wrongdoing is immaterial.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman, Esq.
Washington, DC
____________________________



-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Eiglarsh <mark@eiglarshlaw.com>
To: Gary Freedman <garfreed@aim.com>
Sent: Mon, Sep 9, 2013 4:41 pm
Subject: Re: So what's a federal judge supposed to do?


Would you kindly remove me from future emails?
Sent from my iPhone 


Law Offices of
Mark Eiglarsh


4770 Biscayne Boulevard
Suite 610
Miami, FL 33137
Toll Free: 877-674-0003
Main Office: 305-674-0003
Fax: 305-674-0102




On Sep 9, 2013, at 4:38 PM, Gary Freedman <garfreed@aim.com> wrote:
-----Original Message-----

From: David Schizer <dschiz@law.columbia.edu>
To: Gary Freedman <garfreed@aim.com>
Cc: jschiller <jschiller@bsfllp.com>; newyork <newyork@fbi.gov>
Sent: Sat, Sep 7, 2013 8:55 pm
Subject: Re: judicial conduct


Dear Mr. Freedman,

I am not an expert on the rules you reference and am not in a position to advise you on this matter.

Best,

DS

__________________________
David M. Schizer
Dean and the Lucy G. Moses Professor of Law and
the Harvey R. Miller Professor of Law and Economics
Columbia Law School
212-854-2675



From:        Gary Freedman <garfreed@aim.com>
To:        dschiz@law.columbia.edu,
Cc:        jschiller@bsfllp.com, newyork@fbi.gov
Date:        09/07/2013 03:34 PM
Subject:        judicial conduct



Dean Shizer:

I pose a question of academic legal interest.  It is well known that a judge must avoid even the appearance of impropriety.  Just what constitutes propriety in a case where a federal judge receives a message such as the following?

Incidentally, Judge Roberts is a 1978 graduate of the Columbia University Law School.

Gary Freedman
Washington, DC
___________________________________

The Honorable Richard W. Roberts
Chief Judge
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Washington, DC

Judge Roberts:

The following message will serve as my misprision of felony certification for September 2013.  I certify under penalty of perjury for making false statements that there is persuasive evidence that I am committing a felony against the Government of the United States.  I certify that there is evidence that I am engaged in a long-term scheme to defraud the US Government of up to about $500,000 in public monies.

I commit myself to cooperating with the US Department of Justice in investigating this matter.

GARY FREEDMAN
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC  20008\
202 362 7064
________________________________

Darrell Valdez, Esq.
Assistant U.S. Attorney
U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, DC

Dear Mr. Valdez:

This email message (and its hyperlinks) will serve as my felony fraud certification for September 2013.  It appears that I am continuing to commit a felony against the government of the United States by defrauding the U.S. Social Security Administration of up to about $500,000 in public monies in violation of 42 USC 1011.  There is substantial evidence that I do not now nor have I ever suffered from an illness that would disqualify me from employment.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2013/08/i-love-fact-that-simply-saying-i-am_17.html

I respect the determination of the Government of the District of Columbia, however, that as of October 1991 I suffered from a psychiatric disorder (consistent with schizophrenia) that rendered me a direct threat in the workplace, disqualifying me from the protections of The Americans With Disabilities Act -- an illness that, according to DC Government criteria, continues to the present.

The actual felony fraud certification, offered under penalty of prosecution for making false statements (under 42 USC 408), can be found at the following link:

https://www.change.org/petitions/to-the-director-of-the-federal-bureau-of-investigation-please-institute-a-criminal-investigation

I am available to assist the U.S. Department of Justice and The George Washington University Medical Center Medical Faculty Associates in any investigation of this matter.

Gary Freedman
Washington, DC

No comments: