Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mark Eiglarsh, Esq. -- Letter of Complaint to Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)


September 17, 2013
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apt. 136
Washington, DC  20008

To the Honorable Marco Rubio
United States Senate
284 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington DC, 20510

RE: Failure of Florida-Licensed Attorney to Report a Federal Crime (Felony)

Dear Senator Rubio:

I am writing to you concerning the conduct of Mark Eiglarsh, Esq., an adjunct professor of law at the University of Miami School of Law.

I have sent numerous email messages to Mark Eiglarsh, Esq., a Florida-licensed attorney, detailing evidence that I am currently engaged in the commission of a felony in violation of 42 USC 1011, a crime against the U.S. Government.  I advised Mr. Eiglarsh that I have been engaged in a long-term scheme to defraud the U.S. Government of about a half-million dollars in federal funds.  Instead of making a criminal referral to federal law enforcement (apparently), Mr. Eiglarsh has requested that I stop sending him email messages.  Is Mr. Eiglarsh's apparent inaction in the face of a felony admission appropriate conduct for an attorney, an officer of the court?

At the very least Mr. Eiglarsh's behavior appears to violate Rule 4-8.3 Reporting Professional Misconduct of the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct.  I am a Pennsylvania-licensed attorney (license no. 41032) and arguably Mr. Eiglarsh had a duty to advise a licensing authority of my acts, which I described as a “felony.”  Keep in mind that under Rule 4-8.3 it is the seriousness of the alleged wrongdoing that invokes the reporting requirement on a Florida attorney; the attorney’s knowledge of the actual quantum of evidence that proves my wrongdoing is immaterial.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman, Esq.
Washington, DC

No comments: