Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Covington & Burling Responds to Representation Solicitation

Mr. Freedman -
 
Thank you for contacting Covington to inquire about the availability of pro bono assistance.  Unfortunately, the firm receives more requests for its pro bono resources than it can accommodate and is not in a position to assist with your matter.  You may wish to visit this website: http://www.lawhelp.org/  You may find that it has helpful information about your legal issues, as well as how to find an attorney, including possible referrals for free services (usually depending on your financial eligibility).
 
I wish you the best in finding legal help.
 
Sincerely,
Kelly Voss202.662.6658
 
From: Gary Freedman [mailto:garfreed@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:17 AM
To: Voss, Kelly
Subject: worker's comp claim
 
Kelly D. Voss, Esq.
Covington & Burling
Washington, DC
 
I am writing to inquire whether Covington & Burling would consent to represent me pro bono in the following matter.  I intend to file a worker's compensation claim regarding injuries I sustained during my employment at Akin Gump (1988-1991).  The following email message I sent to Dennis Race will explain the claim in detail. If you cannot represent me, perhaps you could refer me to another DC attorney?
 
Thank you.
 
Gary Freedman
Washington, DC
202 362 7064

No comments: