Monday, February 06, 2012

Mental Health Joke

In 1996 I entered treatment with the D.C. Department of Mental Health. A few months earlier the D.C. Superior Court had affirmed that my former employer, Akin Gump, Strauss Hauer & Feld had determined that I was not suitable for employment following the firm's consult with a Washington, D.C. psychiatrist who allegedly advised that I could become violent. I explained these circumstances to the social worker who was assigned to me. I had her send a "Release of Information" form to the Office of D.C. Corporation Counsel which had represented the interests of Akin Gump. The joke was that the psychiatrist, Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D. had refused to acknowledge that she had any contacts with the firm.
__________________________ 


Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Human Services
Washington, D.C. 20002

Aug. 29, 1996

North C[enter] MHC
3246 P St. N.W.
Wash. D.C. 20008

Gary Freedman
3801 Conn. Ave. M.W.
Apt. 136
Wash., D.C.  20008

Dear Mr. Freedman:

Enclosed is the Release of Information form.  Please sign and return to me.  I will send it to the Corporation Counsel office.

Thank you.

Marjorie R. Heydt, MSW
Mental Health Therapist

No comments: