Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Akin Gump Termination -- Mental State

The following is a handwritten note addressed to my sister dated November 2, 1991 -- four days after my employment was terminated on October 29, 1991 by the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld.  I believe that I never posted the note.  The note reveals something of my mental state in the period immediately after my job termination.  It appears that my mental state was the same then as it is now.  The references to Sherlock Holmes, direct and implied, indicate that I was determined to have my case investigated thoroughly.
________________________

Sat Nov 2

Stell,

This is worthy of Sherlock Holmes: In early August 1989, when I was hired as a full time legal assistant, I gave a box of chocolates to the legal assistant administrator, Maggie Sinnott, and a neck tie to legal assistant coordinator, J.D. Neary.  A note I attached to J.D.'s gift said something to the effect: "I could use all the coordinating I can get."

In the summer of 1991, just a few months back (if you'll pardon the expression), people started making references in the office that led me to believe that someone had contact with a former legal assistant named Jesse Raben, who perhaps made some favorable comment about me.  That afternoon, my current supervisor, Chris Robertson, offered me some chocolate, saying peculiarly, "Here, you look like you could use some chocolate."

GF

Chocolate: It's all alimentary