Thursday, February 09, 2012

Hogan & Hartson: What Did I Really Think of Miriam Chilton?

Miriam T. Chilton was my direct supervisor at the law firm of Hogan & Hartson where I worked from September 1985 to February 1988.  She started at the firm in late May 1987.  I have been asked to state my impressions of Miriam: what did I really think of Miriam T. Chilton?

The following are my sincere feelings and thoughts about Miriam Chilton.

I liked Miriam. My problem with her was that I thought she was a weak supervisor. There was a lot of unprofessional behavior in the department she headed, and she either didn't know about it or turned the other way. There were people billing overtime who never worked overtime--they were basically stealing from the firm. She delegated a lot of authority in the department to a certain person who was totally incompetent and reportedly had a drinking problem. I think it was that particular person who persuaded Miriam to fire me. Miriam seemed to trust people too easily, so they were able to get away with a lot of things that they shouldn't have been allowed to get away with. Basically, she seemed way too naive and trusting to be an effective manager. But I liked her. She was a very nice person. Her own behavior was appropriate and professional. Those are my impressions.

No comments: