Wednesday, December 08, 2010

What Does Eric Holder's former law Partner Know About My Being Violent and Homicidal?

My document submission of June 1993 to the U.S. Social Security Administration in support of my disability claim contains an item that mentions a lawyer named Dan Spiegel who used to practice at my former place of employment, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld.

Dan Spiegel now practices at the firm of Covington & Burling, the firm where U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. practiced during the period 2001 to 2009.

A document I wrote and faxed to my sister in September 1992 discusses my recollections of Dennis M. Race, the lawyer who terminated my employment in late October 1991.  The document discusses my job termination, and includes the following account of the moments after I left Dennis Race's office after the termination meeting:

13. On October 29, 1991 after my termination meeting with Dennis Race, as we both walked out of Mr. Race’s office, each [of us] carrying one of my boxes, we passed by the desk of Barbara Rufener, Mr. Race’s secretary. I glanced over at Barbara Rufener. I could hear Mr. Race, in back of me, register a non-verbal vocalization. I had the self-referential feeling that Mr. Race was thinking, “And they say he’s a homo! What a lot of crap that is."

14. A moment after passing BarbaraRufener’s desk, as Dennis Race and I walked into the hallway outside his office, I spotted the attorney Daniel Spiegel at the end of the hall, at the point where the hall turns down to Malcolm Lasman’s office. I vaguely recall that Daniel Spiegel looked down the hall at Mr. Race and me. I vaguely recall also that Mr. Spiegel smiled. I had the inference that Mr. Spiegel and Mr. Race, who was behind me, were smiling at each other, though I could not see Mr. Race’s face. I had the feeling Mr. Race was thinking, and silently communicating to Mr. Spiegel, “Everything went great. It’s all a lot of crap what they said about him.“) (The thoughts that I ascribed to Mr. Race in this instance were less than inference--they are pure fantasy. Why I should have ascribed these thoughts to someone who had just terminated me is peculiar, to say the least.

Dennis Race alleged in a sworn statement filed with the D.C. Department of Human Rights in May 1992 that he had decided to terminate my employment effective October 29, 1991 after he consulted a psychiatrist who advised the firm that I might become violent.  In the period after my job termination my direct supervisor, Chris Robertson, advised her employees that she was afraid I might return to the firm's premises to kill her and arranged to have the office suite's lock changed to guard against a homicidal assault she feared I might commit.

What does Dan Spiegel know about the facts and circumstances of my employment and the decision to terminate?

Dan Spiegel's secretary at Akin Gump was named Mary Brew.

No comments: