Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Need for Attention: Of Grandiose Narcisists and Victims


I had a consult with my psychiatrist this afternoon. I offered some comments about the U.S. Secret Service interview of me at my residence on November 18, 2010 that concerned a law enforcement matter.  My psychiatrist suggested that the Secret Service interview gratified my need to feel important. I can't say that I consciously feel important or that the Secret Service visit gratified any feelings of importance. I feel that I am a victim of crimes. I told the Secret Service that I believe I have been the victim of crimes and I asked the agents to make a criminal referral to the FBI.

It's interesting that I wrote a blog post in November 2009 that compared the victim's need for help, for recognition of his victimization, with the an individual's (narcissistic) need for confirmation of his feelings of specialness.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2009/11/belgian-neutrality.html

No comments: