Friday, December 10, 2010

A Law Enforcement Bias?

I have been diagnosed with severe mental illness.  My last employer certified to a D.C. government agency that a psychiatrist advised the employer that I suffered from severe mental illness and could become violent.  See Freedman v. D.C. Dept. Human Rights, D.C.C.A. no. 96-CV-961 (Sept. 1, 1998) (the employer's finding that I suffered from severe mental illness that might dispose me to become violent, based on the employer's consult with a practicing psychiatrist, was genuine and credible).

I have sent out numerous letters to various persons that refer to my background of mental illness and the fears that I could become violent and homicidal.

I've been interviewed and investigated by local and federal law enforcement agencies.  I suspect that law enforcement would deny that my illness -- my disability -- or allegations about my potential to commit acts of violence have anything to do with their concerns.  They would probably claim that it is my own statements that are the cause of concern.

Here is an enumeration of some of my past "threatening" behavior:

"He talks about having fantasies about people we protect."  "He quoted a federal official who used the word screaming."  "He posted on the Internet a fact already on the Internet about what house of worship a federal official attends."  "He added facts to a Wikipedia biography of a federal official."  "He sent a copy of a historical novel to federal official's spouse."  "He reported that he was angry with a federal official."

Now really!

I firmly believe that a major unstated concern of law enforcement is the fact that I have a mental disability and that various persons have claimed they feared I could become violent.

What is the basis of that belief?  I ask you: Do you think the individual who wrote the following book was ever investigated by the U.S. Secret Service?  -- And  if I were to write a book with this title?


Do you think the individual who wrote the following book was ever investigated by the U.S. Capitol Police? --   And  if I were to write a book with this title?


Do you think the individual who wrote the following book was ever investigated by the Smithsonian Police? -- And if I were to write a book with this title?


Do you think the individual who wrote the following book was ever investigated by the U.S. Marshal Service? -- And if I were to write a book with this title?


Why are law enforcement officers silent about my mental disability and other persons' past accusations about me?  I think they are aware that if they emphasized these factors as a motive in their conduct toward me that they would enter a gray area that might ensnare them in a federal civil rights violation.  So they pretend to ignore the fact that I have been diagnosed with psychotic mental illness and the fact that my supervisor said she was afraid I might  kill her and instead focus on my "threatening behavior" such as sending an historical novel with the innocuous title Significant Moments to the spouse of a federal official.

No comments: