Thursday, December 09, 2010

Me and President Nixon: A Sense of Resignation

To a Federal Law Enforcement Agency:

The following is a link to a letter I wrote dated December 6, 2004, nearly exactly 6 years ago.  The letter elaborates my identification with former President Richard M. Nixon.  A large portion of the second half of the letter is a paraphrase of an essay written about President Nixon.  It might be useful for you to share this letter with your forensic expert.

Incidentally, I wrote a letter to President Nixon in about April 1974 urging him not to resign.  I told him it didn't matter how many critics he had -- if he knew he was right he should fight the good fight and NEVER give up.  NEVER!  I was a 20-year-old college junior at the time.

President Nixon sent me a gracious reply.  My sister has the letter in a box of documents I left at her home.  Bruce H. Kleinstein, Ph.D., my former supervisor at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, will remember the letter, which I showed to him as well as Sid Dorfman and Hilliard Cohen, two coworkers.

http://garfreed.blogspot.com/2005/08/sense-of-resignation.html

Jeffrey Lieberson, whom I mention in the latter of 2004, used to live a few doors down from me on the first floor of 3801 Connecticut Avenue.  He is the son-in-law of U.S. Senator Russ Feingold.  Mr. Lieberson used to work as a press secretary for several U.S. Congressmen.  He was a graduate of New York University.  He comes from a Conservative Jewish background.

Gary Freedman
202 326 7064

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

What does it mean that I engage in behaviors that I admire in other people -- not behaviors that I despise in other people?

I urged President Nixon not to give in. I found President Nixon's stubborness in the face of criticism admirable.