Thursday, December 02, 2010

A Suspicion that Law Enforcement Would Visit

The U.S. Secret Service interviewed me at my residence on Thursday November 18, 2010 about a law enforcement matter.

Oddly enough, I had formed a suspicion that I would receive a visit from some law enforcement agency a few weeks before November 18.

A few weeks before the law enforcement visit I had a routine and uneventful telephone conversation with my sister. During the course of talking about something absolutely ordinary that had nothing to do with law enforcement, my sister used the phrase, "all's well that ends well." My immediate association was to the Shakespeare play with the title: All's Well that Ends Well.

I had an immediate idea of reference. It was to the blog post I wrote on The Freedman Archives titled: A Tempest Without Miranda.  The post discusses the events of October 12, 2004 when 10 D.C. police officers and 4 FBI agents paid me a visit and hauled me off to D.C. General Hospital for an emergency forensic psychiatric evaluation because of a letter I had sent to a local employer.

At that moment I thought: "Some law enforcement agency is going to pay a visit.  But why?  What did I do."

In fact when the Secret Service visited me on November 18, 2010, they interviewed me about a blog post I had written only a few days earlier -- weeks after I received a clue that law enforcement was planning a visit.

Is my sister in communication with law enforcement?  Just who is my sister talking to?

Another idea of reference.  At the Secret Service interview I mentioned the word "gates."  At that moment one of the agents reflexed.  I had an idea of reference.  Perhaps he was reacting to my reference to designing an atom bomb in one of my posts; perhaps someone had talked to Defense Secretary Robert Gates about my post.

As I say, no psychiatrist could ever conclude I am sane.  I have too many crazy ideas about too many things.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

So I said "gates." He reflexed. I was intrigued. I thought, "he's reacting to something."

I wondered what it might be. First I thought, "maybe he's thinking of Watergate."

I thought that unlikely.

Then I thought, "Bill Gates?"

I thought that unlikely.

Then I thought, Robert Gates! The Secretary of Defense. The post about designing an atom bomb. The Pentagon study!

Most psychotics don't evaluate their thinking, I would suppose.

It's like a psychological test: "Name things that use the word 'gates.'" Creative people will think of a lot of things.