Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Social Security Disability: Longstanding Evidence of PTSD

The following letter evidences symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder -- an illness compensatable by Social Security Disability -- of longstanding duration.  Incidentally, the D.C. Government investigation referenced in the following letter was instituted in error.

December 16, 2004
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008

Officer J.E. Williams
Badge 1226
Metropolitan District of Columbia Police
3320 Idaho Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 282 0070

RE: Metropolitan Police Department -- DC Dept. of Insurance Investigation ID 2040872

Dear Officer Williams:

Enclosed is recent correspondence concerning an ongoing investigation being conducted by the DC Department of Insurance, Securities & Banking. The investigation is indirectly related to a police enforcement action undertaken by the Metro DC Police on April 21, 2004, on the petition of Brian Patrick Brown, Branch Librarian, Cleveland Park Division, DC Public Library.

Incidentally, Brian Brown hasn’t contacted me about returning to the library. All the facts that prompted Brian to ban my access to the library continue to prevail: I still suffer from depression (for which I take medication); I continue to have feelings of anger about my past employment experiences and hope eventually to be compensated for my pain and suffering and I do not take antipsychotic medication, consistent with my legal rights. Also, I continue to use the public access computers in the DC Public Library System consistent with their intended use (unless I am advised that any particular use is prohibited). Were I to return to the Cleveland Park Branch, I fear that -- in the absence of some clarification by Brian about why he called the police on April 21, 2004 -- Brian could very well summon the police again, citing the same rationale that prompted his earlier action.

I still think that Brian and I could be really good friends for life -- like former President Clinton and Vernon Jordan.

I wish you and your colleagues a happy holiday season.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

cc: Richard Jackson, Interim Director, DC Public Library (202) 727-1101

No comments: