Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Akin Gump Surveillance: Message for Elaine Wranik

During the period 1988-1991 I was employed as a paralegal at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld.  I believed that I was under surveillance by the firm.  The surveillance included the manager of my apartment building entering my apartment surreptitiously every morning, inspecting my apartment, and reporting back to the firm's managers what she saw.  I used to leave messages for the manager (Elaine Wranik).  Many of the messages were humorous.  The following is a message I left on a table in my apartment during the summer of 1991.  It is handwritten on a sheet of yellow tablet paper:
_______________

WARNING TO PEOPLE WHO PROJECT:

"YOU COULD POKE SOMEBODY'S I OUT LIKE THAT!"
_______________

The message plays on the word "eye" and "I" (the self).  The psychoanalytical literature indicates that being the object of massive projections can be pathogenic.  Anti-Semitism is a projective phenomenon.

No comments: