Friday, May 25, 2012

Letter to Temple University -- June 19, 1996

June 19, 1996
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008-4530

Robert J. Reinstein, Esq.
Dean - Temple University School of Law
1719 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA  19122

RE:  Presidential Security Threat

Dear Dean Reinstein:

The enclosed computer disc contains documentation for your general information in your capacity as Dean of the Temple University School of Law.

Attorney managers of my former employer, the Washington law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld (202 887-4000), have filed sworn statements with the District of Columbia Department of Human Rights that my belief that I was a victim of job discrimination and harassment while I was employed at the firm in the capacity of legal assistant, during the period June 13, 1988 to October 29, 1991 was the product of a pathological mental process (prominent in the psychotic mental disorders) that is associated with a risk of violent conduct.

Further, my former direct supervisor at Akin Gump advised her employees at the time of my job termination, on October 29, 1991, that I might have been disposed to commit a homicidal attack on the firm.  The firm arranged to have that supervisor's office suite secured against a possible homicidal attack in the period after my termination.

During my tenure, in August 1989, an Akin Gump co-worker stated to me: "We're all afraid of you.  We;re all afraid you're going to buy a gun, bring it in and shoot everybody."

I have been under investigation by the U.S. Secret Service as a potential security threat to President Clinton and Mrs. Hilary Rodham Clinton.  I was interrogated by Special Agents at the Washington Field Office of the U.S. Secret Service on two occasions in regard to fears that I might pose a risk of harm to the President and Mrs. Clinton: on December 1994 and again in February 1996.

I attained the degree of Juris Doctor from Temple University in May 1982, after matriculating as a transfer student in August 1980.

If Temple University has any information that I engaged in any violent conduct or that I brought firearms or weapons of any kind onto the campus of Temple University during my tenure, I request that you so advise the Office of U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia in connection with the enclosed declaration, dated April 24, 1995.

Federal law enforcement authorities, particularly the U.S. Secret Service will want to know whether Temple University can provide any evidence that I ever threatened the President of the United States during my tenure.

Incidentally, I was a student in your class in employment discrmination law during the spring semester 1982; you may recall a fellow student, Eva Bleich, who wrote a paper on comparable worth.

I have forwarded a body of documents pertinent to this matter to the U.S. Department of Justice (Criminal Division: John C. Keeney, Jr., Assistant Attorney General) as well as the Washington Field Office of the U.S. Secret Service (Philip C. Leadroot, Special Agent), and the Office of U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia (Eric H. Holder, Jr.).

You may wish to review this matter with the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office and/or the Office of U.S. Attorney in Philadelphia.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

Enclosures:

Weapons Statement 4/25/ 95 - U.S. Attorney

U.S. Attorney - 9/22/95

Secret Service 02/20/96

Secret Service 05/20/96

Psychiatrist 01/22/96

Brief - Freedman v. DHR

No comments: