Friday, May 18, 2012

Creative Uses of the Patriot Act: Who Telephoned Whom?

The law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld determined that I was potentially violent (and homicidal). Freedman v. D.C. Dept. Human Rights, D.C.C.A. no. 96-CV-961 (Sept. 1, 1998). Maybe I'm a terrorist! Maybe the feds should look into some phone records to see what Akin Gump knows and when they knew it. Can't the feds do that under the Patriot Act?

My sister's home telephone number while I worked at Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld (and until about some time in 1996) was 609 727 3295. Her address was 339 East Main Street, Moorestown, New Jersey.

My brother-in-law, Edward A. Jacobson, owned a business, Meredith Financial Services, during the same time period. The fax number of his business was 609 235 5569.

While I worked at Akin Gump, the partner in charge of the Legal Assistant Program was Earl L. Segal, Esq. His home address as of October 25, 1991 was 10722 Goldwood Court, Potomac, MD 20854. His birth date was June 7, 1947. His home telephone number was 301 469 0455. His office telephone number was 202 887 4160. His wife's name was Susan.

While I worked at Akin Gump, the partner to whom Earl Segal reported was Malcolm Lassman, a member of the firm's management committee. His home address as of October 25, 1991 was 2883 Audubon Terrace, NW, Washington, DC 20008. His home telephone number was 202 244 2408. His office telephone number was 202 887 4020. His wife's name was Vivienne. His birthday was June 9.

6 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

The FBI and NSA can subpoena the phone company for phone records without a prior warrant or any obvious reason as a result of the 2001 Patriot Act.

My Daily Struggles said...

Information in this post is drawn from documents prepared by Akin Gump that were not designated confidential by the firm.

My Daily Struggles said...

A few days later, the USMS came tap-tap-tapping at my door, asking me if I had been to the opera lately. The opera?

The USMS appeared to symbolically refer to this post. They used the phrase "connecting the dots." They mentioned that "in these times" (the age of terrorism, apparently) they needed to check out everything.


The SS didn't refer in any remote way to terrorism when they interviewed me on 11/18/10.

Of course, this post doesn't raise any issues for the USMS, but it probably was a concern for Vernon Jordan's law partners.

"What would you do if you saw Dennis Race in a men's room?"

The SS on 11/18/10 wasn't at all concerned with Dennis Race or men's rooms -- or the opera for that matter!

My Daily Struggles said...

Both my brother-in-law and Earl Segal were born in June 1947.

Both were Jewish.

Both were from Philadelphia.

Both were in the real estate field.

Earl Segal graduated Penn State in 1969; I graduated Penn State in 1975.

My Daily Struggles said...

My sister's telephone number from 1973 to about early 1990 was 609 461 5121.

My Daily Struggles said...

I worked at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld from June 13, 1988 to October 29, 1991. My friend Craig W. Dye worked at the law firm of Hogan and Hartson during that time.

Mr. Dye's telephone number from 1989 to October 29, 1991 (and thereafter) was (202) 637 5942. His email address was CWD@DC4.HHLAW.COM.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2009/11/who-telephoned-whom.html

According to Akin Gump, the firm (Dennis M. Race, Esq.) had determined that I was potentially violent in late October 1991. My direct supervisor at the time (Chris Robertson) advised her employees that I might kill her, and arranged to have the firm (Stella Edmondson?) take corrective measures against a feared homicidal assault I might commit.

Did anyone at Akin Gump contact Craig Dye in late October 1991 about me to learn about my mental state or possible weapons possession? On the afternoon of July 14, 1993 I had a telephone conversation with Craig Dye during which I told him that I owned a gun. I advised the U.S. Secret Service (Philip C. Leadroot) in writing about that conversation. (In fact, I was joking about owning a gun; I have never owned a gun.)