Monday, May 21, 2012

Akin Gump: Wrongful Denial of Long-Term Disability Insurance

March 30, 1994
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008

Joseph R. Muffolett
Director
Office of Disability and
     International Operations
U.S. Social Security Administration
1500 Woodlawn Drive
Baltimore, MD  21241-0001

RE: Disability Claim No.xxx-xx-xxxx

Dear Mr. Muffolett:

Enclosed for your information with respect to the above-referenced disability claim is a memo dated December 4, 1991 re: COBRA Participation mailed to me by my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, approximately five weeks after my termination, on October 29, 1991.

The memo advises of COBRA rights with respect to the employer's medical insurance only.  As I have advised the Social Security Administration in previous communications, the employer did not advise me of my COBRA rights with respect to disability insurance at the time of the termination or advise me that my termination was because of disability.  Te enclosed memo confirms that the employer's post-termination communications concerned continuation of medical insurance only.

Kathy Little is the employer's Dallas office benefits coordinator.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: