Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Letter to Department of Justice -- Civil Rights Division

May 17, 1994
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008

Jane L. Robinson
Employment Litigation Section
U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, DC  20035-5968

RE: Freedman v. Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld

Dear Ms. Robinson:

This will acknowledge your letters addressed to me, dated April 28, 1994 and May 13, 1994.

By way of clarification, I want to state the following facts for the record.

1.  My letters to Mr. James P.Turner, Acting Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights, did not allege that my civil rights had been violated under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as your letter of April 29, 1994 suggests.  I am not a member of a protected class under Title VII.

2.  My letters to Mr. Turner alleged that the actions of my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, in using the legal processes of a state agency (the D.C. Dept. of Human Rights) to defame me and to inflict severe emotional distress violated my civil rights under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983.  The said civil rights violation does not relate specifically to the termination  itself, but to the employer's conduct after the termination, namely, the employer's action in filing apparently false evidence with the D.C. Dept. of Human Rights that I had been determined to suffer from a severe mental disorder and that I was potentially violent.

3.  Your letters dated April 28, 1994 and May 13, 1994 do not address the issue of a civil rights violation under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983.

Also, enclosed for your additional information is a copy of a letter I  forwarded to the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, dated May 16, 1994, relating to a pending investigation of Margie A. Utley, Director of the D.C. Dept. of Human Rights.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Arguably, the wrongs I complained about constitute "color of law abuses" which fall within the investigative jurisdiction of the FBI and DOJ.

My Daily Struggles said...

Us Dept Of Justice (149.101.1.117) [Label IP Address] 0 returning visits
United States FlagPotomac, Maryland, United States

(No referring link)
17 May 04:41:21 PM
dailstrug.blogspot.com/2012/05/letter-to-department-of-justice-civil.html