Thursday, May 31, 2012

Malcolm and Earl: Guilt by Association?

I formed the belief, described as delusional by every psychiatrist I've seen, that two attorney managers at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, where I used to work -- Malcolm Lassman and Earl L. Segal -- had a kind of working relationship with my sister and brother-in-law.  It was my belief that Malcolm and Earl found my brother-in-law in particular to be a trustworthy and credible individual.

In fact, my brother-in-law was an unprosecuted criminal.

In the fall of 1977 my brother-in-law got into a car accident.  He was not injured in the slightest.  I know that because he bragged about it.  He had a friend who was a lawyer, who had a friend who was a medical doctor.  These professionals arranged to have my brother-in-law admitted to a hospital where he stayed for about a week.  The plan was to concoct medical evidence for a negligence lawsuit. (Sound familiar?  Dennis Race and Malcolm Lassman at Akin Gump concocted medical evidence for my job termination in 1991!) I remember the exact time of the hospital stay.  It was the week of November 14, 1977.  In any event, that's insurance fraud.  That's a crime.  I think my sister said her husband pulled the same scam on another occasion.

My brother-in-law had a friend named Dion Ryle, Esq.  Yes, he was a New Jersey-licensed attorney.  But he was disbarred for engaging in some funny-business.  He rented a home from my sister located at 113 Coopers Kill Road, Delran, New Jersey.  He was on disability for several years until it was determined that he was no longer disabled.  I think he knew personal facts about me; my sister said he once asked her how I was doing.  His wife suffered from bipolar disorder.

My brother-in-law had another friend named Arthur W. Calhoun.  Art Calhoun's wife was named Joy.  I think Joy divorced Art after she found her husband in bed with another man.  The couple had a son named Christopher.  In about 1993 my sister told me that Art Calhoun had himself admitted to a hospital under an assumed name.  My sister said that Art Calhoun had screwed a number of people, and he was afraid they might come after him to kill him.

What does it say about Malcolm Lassman and Earl L. Segal that they would get involved with somebody like my brother-in-law?  I'm afraid to ask!

Anyway the telephone records are just sitting there:

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2009/11/who-telephoned-whom.html

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

Both my brother-in-law and Earl Segal were born in June 1947.

Both were Jewish.

Both were from Philadelphia.

Both were in the real estate field.

Earl Segal graduated Penn State in 1969; I graduated Penn State in 1975.