Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Condolance Message -- Alec Peters -- Franklin Institute

Prior to my entering law school in late August 1979 I was employed at The Franklin Institute Research Laboratories, Science Information Services Organization, headed by Alec Peters, Vice-President of the Franklin Institute.  Mr. Peters sent me the following Mailgram upon the death of my mother in January 1980.  The Science Information Services Organization employed hundreds of people; obviously, Alec Peters knew who I was, though I was a low-level employee.  Because of my past experience it never seemed odd to me that Robert S. Strauss, founder of the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, where I worked as a paralegal until late October 1991, might know who I was (though I had no hard evidence that he did).

Western Union Mailgram 1/14/80

Franklin Research Center
20 and Benjamin Franklin Pkwy
Philadelphia PA  19103

Gary Freedman
1611 Barringer St
Philadelphia PA  19150

On behalf of SISO staff and myself please accept our deepest sympathy in the loss of your mother.

Alec Peters Franklin Research Center

09:35 EST