Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Comcast: The Epic Saga

user GARY has entered room


GARY>


analyst Maria 26095 has entered room


Maria 26095>

Hello GARY_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Maria 26095. Please give me one moment to review your information.


Maria 26095>

Thank you for contacting Comcast, where every customer is truly valued. You have reached DTA order entry department. How are you doing today, Gary?


GARY_>

I would like to have a digital adapter installed by a professional.


Maria 26095>

You are our valued customer so we need to take care of your service as well as you as our customer. I understand how important it is for you to have a digital equipment and I would be more than glad to process your order now.


Maria 26095>

I would be happy to begin processing your order. For me to better assist you, may I please have the name and phone number listed on the account?


GARY_>

Gary Freedman 202 362 7064


Maria 26095>

Thank you for providing me your account information.


Maria 26095>

For the integrity and security of the account, can you please verify to me at least two of the following: full account number, complete service address with zip code and/ last date and amount of payment made on the account.


GARY_>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


GARY_>

3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW #136 Washington DC 20008


Maria 26095>

Thank you.


Maria 26095>

May I place you on a brief hold while I check your account, Mr. Freedman?


GARY_>

OK


Maria 26095>

Thank you.


Maria 26095>

I will get back to you as soon as I can.


GARY_>

fine


Maria 26095>

Thank you.


Maria 26095>

Thank you for waiting.


Maria 26095>

Mr. Freedman, I see here that there is no email address indicated on the account. May I please have a valid email address so that we can communicate with you about your order, and our products and services?


GARY_>

garfreed@netscape.net


Maria 26095>

Thank you for providing me your email address.


Maria 26095>

I would be more than happy to update your account with your email address.


Maria 26095>

We will be sending communications to your email address regarding your Comcast services.


Maria 26095>

Mr. Freedman, just to check. Are you still receiving all the channels for limited basic package?


GARY_>

No. Just network channels and a few other channels.


Maria 26095>

Thank you for the information.


Maria 26095>

Mr. Freedman, what are the channels that you are not receiving?


GARY_>

I am not receiving a lot of channels. I don't know precisely which ones. Like A&E etc. My service was cut about a year ago when comcast started to require a digital adapter.


Maria 26095>

Alright.


Maria 26095>

Thank you for the information, Mr. Freedman.


Maria 26095>

Mr. Freedman, please bear with me as I need to check if the digital for limited basic market has already been launched in your area.


Maria 26095>

Would that be alright with you, Mr. Freedman?


GARY_>

Fine!


Maria 26095>

Thank you.


Maria 26095>

I will get back to you as soon as I can.


GARY_>

OK.


Maria 26095>

Mr. Freedman, have you already received a notice regarding the digital migration?


GARY_>

Yes I have


Maria 26095>

Thank you for confirming.


Maria 26095>

Please bear with me, Mr. Freedman.


GARY_>

ok


Maria 26095>

I will get back to you shortly.


Maria 26095>

Mr. Freedman, could you please try to check this link to check your channel line up.


Maria 26095>

https://www.comcast.com/Customers/Clu/ChannelLineup.ashx?print=1&CGID=1377


Maria 26095>

Please check if you are receiving all those channels.


Maria 26095>

Please check if you are receiving all those channels.


Maria 26095>

Please check if you are receiving all those channels.


GARY_>

No. I receive very few of those channels.


Maria 26095>

Mr. Freedman, I have checked your account and it shows here that the limited basic has not yet been migrated. You should be receiving those channels. However, since you are not receiving those channels, I would need to transfer you to our cable technical team to perform some trouble shooting steps on your cable service.


Maria 26095>

Would that be alright with you?


GARY_>

Fine


Maria 26095>

Thank you.


Maria 26095>

Please wait a moment while I transfer you to our cable service technical team.


Maria 26095>

Thank you for choosing Comcast.


Maria 26095>

We value your business.


Maria 26095>

Have a great day.


GARY_>

Thank you


Maria 26095>

Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst


analyst Ryan has entered room


analyst Maria 26095 has left room


Ryan>

I will be glad to assist you today.


GARY_>

OK


Ryan>

I watch TV everyday. I know how it feels when you are not getting some of your channels.


Ryan>

Let me see what is going on.


GARY_>

I receive only the following channels: 4, 5, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99


Ryan>

Let me check on this now.


Ryan>

May I put you on hold for a minute or two, while I pull up your account.


GARY_>

that's ok


Ryan>

Thank you.


Ryan>

May I ask when you have lost some of your channels.


GARY_>

about a year or so ago --when comcast started requiring a digital converter.


Ryan>

Thank you for waiting.


GARY_>

ok


Ryan>

Gary, I am showing here that those are the channels part of Basic cable package which you are currently subscribed.


Ryan>

Let me check further on this.


GARY_>

ok


Ryan>

Thank you for waiting.


Ryan>

Thank you for your patience. Would you mind waiting for another 1 to 2 minutes?


GARY_>

that's ok


Ryan>

Gary, I am showing here that the channels you have mentioned above is the channels for Basic cable, and that channel like A&E is now part of your Expanded Basic which you will need to upgrade.


GARY_>

Well, the reason for my contact today is just to get a digital set up installed. I understand that comcast will require that beginning in mid-October. That's all i'm interested in at this time. --Installation of a digital set up.


Ryan>

Yes, we can set up an appointment for installation.


GARY_>

Good.


GARY_>

Any day except Monday is fine. Any time is fine.


Ryan>

I am checking on that now.


Ryan>

I am also checking on the installation fee.


GARY_>

The installation fee will be added to my Comcast bill, right?


Ryan>

Yes, Sir.


Ryan>

Gary, may I ask if you have HDTV.


GARY_>

No.


Ryan>

May I ask how many cable box do you have.


GARY_>

one


Ryan>

I apologize, this is taking more time than usual. Would you mind waiting for a minute or two while I am still working on this? I would deeply appreciate it.


GARY_>

That's ok


Ryan>

Thank you.


Ryan>

Thank you for waiting.


Ryan>

Gary, I am still working on this for there is no Digital Adapter code that can be added on your account yet.


GARY_>

ok


Ryan>

Thank you for waiting.


Ryan>

Gary, the first appointment date available is September 16 that is Friday between 2PM-5PM.


GARY_>

That's a good time for me.


Ryan>

And the Install charge will be $16.00, this will be charge on your bill.


Ryan>

Great.


GARY_>

That's great.


Ryan>

Let me set this up now.


Ryan>

May I ask for a reliable contact number for our Tech to reach you before proceeding to your place.


GARY_>

202 362 7064


Ryan>

Thank you.


Ryan>

Completing the set up now. Please give me another minute.


GARY_>

ok


Ryan>

While I am still working on this, let me share to you a feature of Comcast which is for FREE as part of your subscription.


Ryan>

Comcast has the best free online streaming and extensive video collection of TV shows, movies, trailers and clips. Experience this great entertainment by visiting http://www.xfinitytv.com


Ryan>

Thank you for waiting.


Ryan>

I have completed the process. All is set.


Ryan>

By the way, may I request for you to take the 1 minute survey. This is after we end our chat. Just click on the "END SESSION". It will be great to know how I addressed and resolved your chat concern today.


GARY_>

That's great, buddy. Thanks for your help!


Ryan>

You are welcome.


Ryan>

Please note that on the day of the appointment, Comcast dispatch may call you during your scheduled time frame to re-confirm that you are still pushing through with the appointment. Also an adult over the age of 18 and can speak English must be present during the Visit.


Ryan>

And as a Comast Guarantee, we will always be here for you. You can chat with us 24/7 for any questions or concerns.


Ryan>

To recap, I have resolved your concern on this chat by setting up installation appointment for Digital Adapter as requested.


Ryan>

I am glad we were able to resolve your concern today. It was truly a pleasure assisting you, Gary. Is there anything I can help you with today? I'll be happy to assist you further.


GARY_>

No. I'm good. Thank you!


Ryan>

You are welcome.


Ryan>

I'm glad I had the opportunity to resolve your issue. It is my goal to exceed your expectations, and I hope that you will take a moment to complete the short survey I mentioned earlier; your feedback will help us to continue improving how we serve you.

Thank you for contacting Comcast and have a great day.


Ryan>

Analyst has closed chat and left the room

No comments: