Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Shit Storm of Consequences

Last summer, in August 2009, I vacationed in Atlantic City for two weeks.  I was supremely entertained by the movie Burn After Reading, broadcast on HBO.  Two months later, in October 2009, I started to blog about my employment experiences at the law firm of Akin, Strauss, Hauer & Feld where I worked as a paralegal from 1988 to 1991.  Maybe the movie Burn After Reading gave me some ideas.

Here's how my mind processed a brief scene from the movie:

All right, let me explain something to you.  What you're engaged in is racketeering: that is a felony, that's for starters.  Secondly, the unauthorized dissemination of confidential mental health information is a state crime, but when part of a fraud and racketeering conspiracy is a federal crime.  If you ever carried out your proposed plan to terminate him, he would unleash such a shit storm of consequences, my friend, that your empty little head would be spinning faster than the wheels of your Schwinn bicycle back there.

No comments: