Sunday, August 08, 2010

The Justice Department Claims It Was Concerned About My Blog? Give Me A Break!

On January 15, 2010 two officers from the U.S. Department of Justice interviewed me at my residence about a law enforcement matter.  The officers were concerned, among other things, that I had published facts about a federal official on my blog, My Daily Struggles -- facts that I had obtained (and were readily available) from the Internet.  (No, I'm not making this up.)

I'm supposed to believe the Justice Department had genuine concerns about my republishing publicly-available facts?  Check out the following story.  (I'm also supposed to believe the Justice Department had genuine concerns about whether I had attended the opera recently, where I eat out, and where I buy my groceries.  Yes, the officers asked me about those issues in my taped interview!)


As I like to say, it pays to have highly-placed friends in the Justice Department.  The fact is that my blog is probably an embarrassment to the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, which terminated my employment in October 1991, and coincidentally is run by a nationally-prominent attorney who happens to be a friend of the current Attorney General of the United States.   The attorney just happened, so it is reported, to try to buy the silence of a White House intern back in the late 1990s who had incriminating evidence about a former President of the United States.  Oh, and by the way, the attorney's law partner cautioned me not to embarrass the firm when I was fired.  (Really, I'm not making this up.  You can't make up a story like this.)

And, yes, I attended Wagner's Gotterdammerung on Sunday afternoon November 15, 2009.  I'm thinking about attending Strauss's Salome in October 2010.  Is that an admission?

No comments: