Friday, July 29, 2011

Letter from Sister: June 1980

The following are pages 2 and 3 of a handwritten letter my sister sent me in June 1980.  I lived in Spokane, Washington at that time; I had just completed my first year of law school.  I returned to Philadelphia in late August 1980, having transferred to Temple University Law School.  Regge was the widow of my uncle Lewis Freedman, my father's older brother.  She died in 1990.
____________________

and I love it.  I have been seriously dieting since May 11 with one splurge on May 24 at Villa di Roma after “Annie.”  Regge couldn’t get over how thin I had gotten.  I have about 10 or 15 lbs to go then my arms & legs will be just right.

Our weather has been awful.  Monday was mostly cloudy with rain and winds.  I don’t think it reached 70 F. 

Today (it’s about 8:15 AM) it’s raining with that heavy heavy overcast.  Today and tomorrow it's supposed to be no higher than 70 F.

Monday June 16 is Merry’s first day of two weeks of swimming classes.  They are 10 AM - 11 AM.  Pretty early.  She’s in the intermediate class.  I was supposed to go back to the eye doctor at 10:30 on Mon. June 16th so I changed it to 12 noon.  Then I realized that I couldn’t make that.  Since the doctor won’t be back until the following week, I made it for 8:00 AM on the 16th.  Merry’ll have to go with me.  I figure it should be easy to pack at that hour.  It’ll just be hard to get up at 6:30 AM.  I told Merry we should go to the library today.  It is really boring around here.  I need some intellectual stimulation.

Art’s wife, Joy, got a job as a secretary near here.  She did work at the real estate office but I guess she wanted more money and more to do.

Love always,

Stell

No comments: