Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tentative Plans to Become an Army Lawyer

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY
School of Law
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122

December 9, 1981

Judge Advocate General
United States Army
Washington, DC

RE:  Gary Freedman

Dear General:

I wish to endorse Gary Freedman, wholeheartedly, for the Judge Advocate General's Corp.  Mr. Freedman was a student in two of my classes and did superior work in both.  He not only received consistently high grades but was also an objective and well informed participant in class discussions.  I know Mr. Freedman to be well-regarded by his classmates and to be of the highest character.

I believe Mr. Freedman  has shown a degree of initiative and maturity in his work which bodes well for his future as an attorney.  I am confident that he will be a valuable addition to and successful in any legal career he pursues.

If you have any questions, feel free to call on me at your convenience.

David Weinstein
Professor of Law

DW: bw

Professor Weinstein was a labor lawyer and had professional ties to Thomas W. Jennings, Jr., Esq. at whose law firm in Philadelphia (Sagot & Jennings) I was employed as a law clerk from June 1981 to August 1982.  On one occasion Mr. Jennings was a guest speaker in Professor Weinstein's class.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

David Weinstein is currently Professor Emeritus, Temple University Law School, Philadelphia.