Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Musical Recollection from 1974

I have an unusual recollection of anything connected to music.  During the summer of 1974, when I was 20 years old and about to enter my senior year of college, I worked at The Franklin Institute Research Laboratories in Philadelphia.  One of my coworkers at the Institute was a young man named Hilliard Cohen (Central High School, 224th class).  He mentioned that he had heard the slow movement of the Beethoven Hammerklavier Sonata, the opus 106, and that he liked it a lot. He said he wanted to get the piano score so he could play the piece.  It's actually a lot more difficult than it sounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for remembering Gary. It sometimes amazes me what people remember about you and things they associate you with you in the "corridors of their minds."


Hilliard