Friday, April 13, 2012

Letter to Department of Justice: 11/13/95

November 13, 1995
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008-4530

Jo Ann Harris
Assistant Attorney General
U.S. Dept. Justice
Washington, DC  20530-0002

RE: Freedman v. DC Dept. Human Rights
       Social Security Disability Claim xxx-xx-xxxx

Dear Ms. Harris:

Enclosed for the general information of the U.S. Department of Justice are three additional documents that relate to my mental illness, which, according to the Government of the District of Columbia and the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. renders me not suitable for employment and potentially violent.

1.  The most recent letter to my psychiatrist at the George Washington University Medical Center (GW), dated November 13, 1995.

2.  Excerpt from a psychiatric journal stating that bi-polar disorder, if not treated aggressively, tends to worsen over time.  I was diagnosed as bi-polar by GW as per the initial assessment chart, dated September 24, 1992.  GW now implicitly represents that my bi-polar disorder has undergone spontaneous remission.  I am not currently on medication of any kind.  See "Case Histories: Bipolar Disorder." Primary Psychiatry 2(6): 22-25 (June 1995).

3.  Excerpt from a psychiatric journal providing anecdotal evidence that persons suffering from severe mental disorders tend to experience a depression in IQ scores.  See Davidson, L. and Strauss, J.S. "Beyond the Biopsychosocial Model: Integrating Disorder, Health, and Recovery."  Psychiatry 58(1): 44-55 (February 1995).  David Reiss, M.D., Editor, George Washington University Medical Center.

But see Letter to Federal Bureau of Investigation, dated April 20, 1995, detailing results of IQ testing I took in May 1994, which yielded the highest IQ scores I have ever attained.  GW implicitly represents that the more severe my illness becomes the more intelligent I get.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: